Thursday, July 29, 2010

The LA Odd Couple

~The odd couple enjoying the backyard oasis~



My dogs are so amazing, they've made headlines.  Okay, not really, but in my dreams they have!  But just going on walks, we get plenty of turned heads and comments as we go by.  People always comment on the size difference in my dogs.  And while they're not quite like that hilarious pair (a Great Dane and a Chihuahua) of dogs on Oprah, they are head turners.

I got my German Shepherd when my now husband moved to Los Angeles when we were still dating.  I needed something to love on and protect me, and she certainly did the job.  Emma has about 10 nicknames including: Head (don't ask), Lou, Loop, Super Loop and Snugga.  She's loyal, tender, and super protective of her family.  She is demanding, loud and opinionated just like her mom.  She's my soul sister.

~Protecting her Data (Daddy)~

~Those eyes~

~Emma thinking she's tiny enough to fit on her brother's bed~

Truman blessed our home in September of 2008.  He was my wedding present and my husband rescued him from Homeward Bound Pug Rescue in Oklahoma.  Our amazing friend, Missy fostered him for a couple of months and he assimilated and thrived with Missy and her two precious pugs, Pudge and Huey, whom I love deeply.  I somehow got it in my head that I wanted a black pug and I knew my next dog would be a rescue.  Missy randomly sent me a little picture of Truman (his name was Dinoso at that time) and I instantly started crying.  I just knew he was mine from the very beginning.  I told no one about it.  But my husband must have taken note of the only time I mentioned wanting a black pug and on our flight to our honeymoon, Joel surprised me with a picture of Truman on his phone telling me he was ours when we got back.  My amazing husband paid for Missy and Truman to fly all the way here and surprise me.   Hooray Missy, Joel and Homeward Bound Pug Rescue.  Truman is mild tempered, a total snuggler and a tiny bit clingy, but doesn't bug.  In a word... he's perfection!  And it's unanimous... every single person who sees him says the exact same thing.  Truman's nicknames include: Trudog, Trupert, The Boy, McBoy and so on.

~We like to include him on table conversations~

~My pug in a blanket... he even snorts~



~The odd couple~


On our walks, these two walk in harmony-one checking out what the other does, except Emma is 8 times bigger than Truman, so when she's ready to move on, she drags Truman with her.  And so they got dubbed "The Odd Couple"by my sister Amy.

I've actually thought about writing a book about them entitled "The Adventures of Super Loop and Trudog".  But I think I'll stick to one thing at a time for now!
~Enjoying his 4th of July poolside~



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh! best post EVER! just as i imagined! perfect explanation of their personalities..."a tad bit clingy"...oh truedog and super loop! they miss their aunt me. xo

    ReplyDelete