Sunday, September 11, 2011

Budget Creative

I've had a little bird chirping in my ear in the past 3 months.  He's been noting that my house is not a reflection of myself, what I love to surround myself with or how I feel inside.  I have to agree with him.  He' right.

I have inherited many wonderful things from my mom when she moved, but the items I received are bulky, heavy, HUGE and dark.  That is not a reflection of how I feel inside.  So, I made a choice to make a change.  I don't know about you, but I work darn hard for my money and I can't just go on a shopping spree for all new furniture whenever I want.  What fun is that anyways.  I personally appreciate someone who uses their head to create their own environment.  Enter Craigslist, Target and one savvy, budget shopper.  You'll never believe what I found.

~Crate and Barrel Super Expensive Mohair Pillow $85 (Fell IN Love but couldn't do the price, so I kept my eyes open and look what I found)~

~Target found almost exact pillow $14.99 (bought 3)~

~This is what I did with them~

~Craigslist White Laquered Table and Chairs (purchased from two separate posts-spent $160 total-talked down $40 on table and $50 on chairs)... gold apples $3 per at Pier 1.  I put them in a vase I had lying around and made them my centerpiece~

~Craigslist 2 Mirrored Side Tables $100 for both (talked down from $150)~
~Glass Head $20.  I went around and around about this thing.  I took an iphone pic of it and sent over to my sister for brainstorming and she loved.  It affirmed my $20 purchase.  Now she's my favorite new living room accessory.  Working on a name for her~


I looked and looked for this stuff, kept my eyes and ears open and negotiated.  There are some things worth splurging on, and some things that need a little tweaking until you find exactly what you want within a budget.  Hope this inspires you to go be creative and think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment