Saturday, July 16, 2011

Best Beauty Product Ever

It's so overwhelming.  You walk into a CVS or Sacks, Dillard's or Macy's in search of a great new moisturizer that you'll spend a good $40+ for and walk out with a tiny jar of who knows what.

What you've likely walked out with a jar of chemicals.  Synthetic toxins meant to make you think your skin feels good, but in reality, they really don't do much!

Want to know my best kept beautiful skin secret?  I thought so.

Organic coconut oil.  You can put it in and on your body.  I keep two around- one in the kitchen to saute mushrooms and plantains, etc and one in the bathroom.  It's great for your hair as a moisture treatment, it's a miracle worker for blemishes and scarless healing, stretch marks, after sun (not before, or you'll fry).  I put it on face (no, it won't break you out), body, hair, hands and use it as my regular moisturizer.  Believe me, the smell fades (because it's natural) and men can use it too without being completely emasculating squeezing some pink tube of floral mess in their hand wondering if it's spiked with estrogen.  This is my favorite.  It'll run you about $14 at any grocery store or health food store.  Or order at the web address below.

http://www.shoporganic.com/product/artisana_raw_extra_virgin_coconut_oil/organic_raw

1 comment:

  1. I literally ran to Whole Foods after reading this and bought some! It's my new love, and I added this with some Vitamin E oil to a spray bottle and use it all over. Have you heard of Bio-Oil? Do you know if it's any good?

    ReplyDelete